Infection Control Practices During COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are asking all participants to observe the following infection control practices. These practices will allow our sangha to practice together safely, while minimizing risks to ourselves and to the wider community.
DO NOT ATTEND IF:
- you have any symptoms of cold, flu, or COVID-19 (e.g. fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, muscle aches);
- you have been out of the country, or in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, in the past 14 days;
- or, a health professional has advised you to self-isolate.
- No more than six people per night. First come, first serve.
- Wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, when you arrive.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from one another at all times, including during sitting or walking meditation.
- Leave the meditation cushions where they are (2 metres apart).
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Face masks may be worn, but are not required.
- (Zen) When standing, bow only from the waist, not to the floor.
- Upon arrival, wipe down all doorknobs with a disinfectant wipe, and move the hand sanitizer from the kitchen into the meditation hall.
- (Zen) When kinhin begins, shoji will open the door and exit first, so multiple people do not have to touch the doorknob.
- (Zen) Do not provide tea service.